About Speed Mentor Central™Speed Mentor Central™ provides access to online expertise and services for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Central to the site is our register of professional business coaches and mentors who offer affordable, short-term support at a budget to suit you. We want you to experience and evaluate the benefits of professional coaching and mentoring in a way that does not require significant time and financial commitment but with excellent results hence why Speed Mentor Central was developed.
How to find a professional business mentor or coach
You can search and locate a business mentor or coach by industry, business stage, gender, common business issues, or use your own key words. If you have a limited budget, use the search by price option. The results displayed include a detailed profile of the mentor or coach, their specialist areas, average charge per session, testimonials, and communication options. The results also indicate whether they offer a free initial discussions (most do) to help you decide whether they are right for you.
After viewing the search results, either make contact with your chosen professional through Speed Mentor Central™ to arrange a free initial discussion or choose the ask a question option where you send a question to up to 3 business mentors or coaches to help in the decision making process.
About the mentors and coaches featured here
All business mentors and coaches featured on Speed Mentor Central™ are experienced business people and professional business mentors and/or coaches with a wealth of knowledge and expertise they can share to help you succeed in business. They offer short-term business mentoring or coaching to entrepreneurs, small businesses, and executive managers, and provide a wide range of communication channels for mentoring or coaching including instant chat or messaging, video e.g. Skype, email, and telephone so there is no reason to be geographically limited in your search for the right person.
So, whether you are trying to work your way through a particular business problem, need a practical strategy to move forward, or are seeking more general motivational support, we will help you find the business mentor or coach that is right for you at the time you need it.
Main features of Speed Mentor Central™
The online centre of business expertise features:
- Free access to a searchable database of professional business mentors and coaches, including arranging a FREE initial discussion and/or asking a question to help inform your decision on who you would like to work with for short-term mentoring or coaching
- Free downloadable guides to support you in your business, from '10 things to think about before starting a business' to 'Becoming an Employer' and 'Raising Equity Finance'.
- How a small or new business can benefit from appointing a Non-Executive Director or Investing NED, securing funds and skills, with successful case studies and support in finding a match for your business
- Resources to help you develop your business pitch
- A range of business tools and resources to help improve personal and business performance
- Finding skills and funding for your business, including free interactive guides to help in the decision making process
Why should I use Speed Mentor Central™ to find a professional business mentor or coach?
Trying to find a mentor or coach that matches your requirements in terms of your business, the challenges you’re facing, and which doesn’t break the bank is not an easy task.
An initial Google search in December 2012 “business mentor or coach” brings in around 3.92 million results. Take in to account the time you then need to visit individual websites trying to find more detailed information about them and the likely costs involved, it’s no wonder many people in business don’t get much further than the initial search.
Other difficulties you may have faced in your search for a professional mentor or coach may include:
- Finding someone with the right industry experience, knowledge of business life cycle, and experience of particular business issues/challenges you may be facing
- Requirement to make a long-term contractual commitment e.g. 3-6 months when a shorter term solution is required
- Varying degrees of financial investment required which many small businesses and individuals simply cannot afford
Speed Mentor Central™ addresses and overcomes these difficulties saving you valuable time in your search for a professional business mentor or coach.
Access to short-term professional mentoring or coaching gives you the opportunity to quickly and easily evaluate the benefits of mentoring or coaching for you and your business and deal with any immediate issues. There is no charge to search, register, and send a question to up to 3 mentors/coaches of your choice and/or arrange a free initial discussion before making a final decision and making any financial commitment.
What Speed Mentor Central™ is not…
Speed Mentor Central™ is not a general day-to-day business support site. There are some great resources available online if you need specific help with day-to-day practical issues such as company formation, legal assistance, working out financials, staffing and so on.
Speed Mentor Central™ is also not a replacement for traditional longer-term business mentoring and/or coaching. We recognise the role and value that this more traditional approach has to play in helping individuals and businesses succeed. Indeed, we positively support this process by making it easier for you to find a mentor or coach that meet your needs. If after receiving professional short-term mentoring/coaching you make a particular connection with someone through the site and want to place that on a more formal footing through regular, longer-term mentoring/coaching, that’s great news!